Last Updated January 3, 2023.
By using Chondo, you are entrusting us with sensitive personal information. Our company’s policy is to take action to ensure that individual users’ data and privacy rights are protected and to provide transparency about our data practices because we are dedicated to maintaining that trust.
- Your Personal Data is collected when you use Chondo, and we may use it to enhance your user experience by, for example, enhancing prediction accuracy, customizing product offers, giving you more insightful information, etc. We only use de-identified or aggregated data for research purposes, which cannot be tied back to you.
- If you agree, we may use technical information about your device and other data about you (such as your device’s unique technical identifier, age group, subscription status, and the date the application was launched) for marketing efforts to connect with more users who are similar to you and who we think might be interested in the Services. Your consent is always revocable. You can find out more about how to change your mind in the section below titled “Processing to find new Chondo users and stay in touch with you.”
- Writing to us at email@example.com will allow you to request access to, a modification of, a correction of, a deletion of, and an updating of your personal data.
- We take appropriate precautions to guard your personal information against loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access.
This privacy statement describes how Chondo Limited (“Chondo” or “we” or “us”) collects, holds, uses, transfers, and discloses Personal Data from our users (“you”) in connection with the Chondo period & ovulation tracker mobile application (the “App”)* and the https://chondo.app website, including any products and services related to it (the “Website”) (collectively, the “Services”).
Personal Data we collect from you
We gather Personal Information about you using a variety of methods. When you use the Services, we may automatically collect Personal Data about you. However, there are times when you must voluntarily provide us with Personal Data. Sometimes, third parties and other sources may provide us with personal information about you.
Personal Data you provide to us directly:
General Information. When you sign up to use the Services, we may collect Personal Data about you such as:
- Email address;
- Year of birth;
- Password or passcode (in an encoded format, we can’t read your password);
- Place of residence and associated location information including time zone and language;
We may collect and store the following types of user data:
- User account information, such as name, email address, and password
- User preferences, such as favorite Chondo styles or teachers
- Usage data, such as how users interact with the app and which features they use
- Payment information, such as credit card details (if in-app purchases are offered)
Data Storage and Protection
We store user data securely using encryption and hashing to protect user privacy. We use cloud servers to store usage data and user preferences, which are synced with the user’s device. Payment information is stored securely in compliance with Apple’s payment processing policies.
We use user data to provide personalized recommendations and enhance user experience. We also use usage data to improve the app and provide better services. We may share anonymized usage data with third-party analytics tools like Google Analytics.
We do not share user data with third parties except as required by law or to comply with legal processes. We may share anonymized usage data with third-party analytics tools as mentioned above.
Our app is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information.
Depending on how you use the Services, we may often be able to determine your gender.
You have the option to provide personal information about your health and wellbeing when you register to use the Services. Examples of such information include
- Body temperature;
- Menstrual cycle dates;
- Various symptoms related to your menstrual cycle, pregnancy and health;
- Other information about your health & mood.
Personal Data we collect automatically:
When you access or use the Services, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Device model;
- Information about the operating system and its version;
- Unique device identifiers (e.g. IDFA);
- Mobile operator and network information;
- Device storage information;
- Version of your device system.
- IP address;
- Time zone;
- Information about your mobile service provider.
Data about your use of the Services, including, among others:
- Frequency of use;
- Areas and features of the Services that you access, visit or use;
- Engagement with particular features.
How we use your Personal Data
Without first notifying you, we will not collect or use any of your Personal Data. Depending on the features of the Services you use, we may process your Personal Data in accordance with one or more of the following legal bases:
- We will always ask for your consent first. On the registration screen when you give us permission to process your Personal Data;
- to carry out our obligations under the contract we have with you to provide the Services to you;
- The provision of the Services to you, our business interests, including our desire to safeguard the safety and integrity of the Services, and broader societal advantages may all be factors in the processing of your personal data;
- Some of your Personal Data may need to be processed by us in order for us to abide by the rules and laws that may be in force.
Principles of processing
data reduction and limited purpose. We won’t gather any Personal Data that isn’t required for the aforementioned purposes or process Personal Data in a manner that is incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by you. For any new purpose of processing we will ask your separate consent.
Your privacy rights
It does not matter what country or region you come from, we are committed to providing you vast privacy rights in relation to your Personal Data.
Changing your Personal Data
You have the right to get in touch with us and request that we update any inaccurate personal information if you think it exists.
Limitations on Processing
In certain situations, you have the right to request a restriction on how your personal data is processed. For instance, if you dispute the accuracy of your personal information and we need some time to confirm it, you have the right to ask that it be restricted.
Erasure of your personal data
You may ask us to erase your personal data if you withdraw your consent to processing if you believe such processing is unlawful. Please be aware that erasing some Personal Certain Services features that rely on historical data may have an impact on how you use them.
Possibility to object to how your personal data is processed
You may, in some circumstances, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to object to the processing of your personal data, such as if it is being done on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
How to exercise your privacy rights
To assert your privacy rights, get in touch with us at support@Chondo.health.
We will address your request within 30 days after receipt. It may take us up to 90 days in some cases, for example for full erasure of your Personal Data stored in our backup systems. We will let you know if we need more time and explain the reasons for the delay.
Please keep in mind that if we receive a vague request, we may contact you to better understand the request. Additionally, we reserve the right to reject requests that are manifestly unjustified and excessive (repeated) requests.
In some circumstances, we may also ask you to provide identification proof. Normally, we check to see if the request is coming from the same email address that you gave us when you registered. We might ask you to go through additional verification processes if you haven’t registered your account so that we can make sure requests are being handled properly.
You may have the right, subject to applicable laws, to file a complaint with your local data protection authority regarding any of our activities (related to your privacy rights, among others) that you believe to be in violation of applicable law. Please email email@example.com with any questions or concerns you may have regarding our privacy practices.
Third parties processing your Personal Data
We will not share your Personal Data with third parties except as specified below.
Your Personal Data may be combined, de-identified, or anonymized so that it cannot be reasonably used to identify you. Such information is not Personal Data any longer. We might share To help identify trends among users in articles, blog posts, and academic publications, we may share or use aggregated statistics about particular activities or symptoms as well as general age, demographic information, and data about those activities. Such information may also be shared with partners or research institutions, or it may be used statistically. The dissemination of this information advances the field of women’s health research. Your data will be processed for this purpose on the basis of our legitimate interests.
Security of your Personal Data
Broader security precautions
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures, taking into account the sensitivity of the categories of personal data we collect (such as health-related data), to protect personal data from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Some of these precautions involve pseudonymizing and tokenizing specific categories of your Personal Data.
Your personal data is encrypted both in transit and at rest.
scanning for vulnerabilities and penetration testing in a systematic manner.
safeguarding the accuracy of data.
legal and administrative measures Your Personal Data, for instance, is only accessible to those employees who are in charge of data management and only for specific tasks necessary for the proper functioning of the company. Services. We impose strict liability on our employees for any disclosures, unauthorized accesses, alterations, destructions, misuses of your Personal Data.
executing routine data protection impact analyses to make sure that the Services fully abide by the concepts of “privacy by design,” “privacy by default,” and other similar concepts. If Chondo merges or is acquired, we also promise to conduct a privacy audit.
Please understand that by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, not sharing your password, and preventing unauthorized access to your mobile device, you can help keep your information secure. We cannot, however, guarantee the complete security of the Services or that your information won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us because no security system is faultless.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to report any security-related incidents involving the Services.
Communication with you
We may occasionally get in touch with you via email or through other channels (such as pop-ups or push notifications) to inform you of the goods and services we offer as well as those of third parties, as well as news and information we believe you’ll find interesting.
choices to decline. You can always choose not to receive emails by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link found in each one. The distribution of crucial service-related emails required for your use of the Services will continue even if you choose not to receive these emails or notifications. By changing the settings on your device, you can also choose not to receive pop-ups or push notifications. We may request additional consent from some users for such communications, as required by applicable laws.
Please be aware that we may contact you via third-party channels (such as social media) with information about products, services, offers, discounts, giveaways, and events offered by us and others. For more information, including instructions on how to opt out, please see the section above titled “Processing to find new Chondo users and stay in touch with you.”
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy you may contact us at email@example.com
You may also contact your local data protection authority.